Boot Campaign Partners with Hewlett Packard to Pay Honor and Gratitude to Troops Through Annual HP Home of the Brave Veterans Day Campaign.
Austin, TX (December 5, 2013) – The Boot Campaign was built on the principal of expressing gratitude for those who serve our country. So we were thrilled when Hewlett Packard approached us about participating in their annual HP Home of the Brave campaign. Knowing that this program would give back to Veterans across the country, the Boot Campaign jumped on the chance to get involved in any way possible! HP Home of the Brave was created in 2012 to thank Veterans for their service. Always held around Veterans Day, the 15 day, nationwide program consists of planned activities and patient visits at VA Medical Centers (VAMC’s) and by employee donations of basic personal items.
The 2013 HP Home of the Brave campaign was supported by HP Corporate Affairs, chapters of the Veteran Employee Resource Network (VERN), charity partner Boot Campaign, and corporate partners Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Intelligent Insites, i4DM, and By Light. www.hphomeofthebrave.com
Read more about how the Boot Campaign was involved in Boot Girl Danielle’s blog about the experience: Click Here
Highlights of the 2013 HP Home of the Brave:
• $10,000 in Hewlett Packard (HP) employee donations, and $73,500 in HP and Partner funding.
• 385 HP volunteers; 500 total including partners.
• 1,629 HP employees volunteer hours; over 2,000 hours total.
• 29 VAMC’s visited in 20 states, plus the District of Columbia.
• Honoring more than 7,500 Veterans with appreciation, t-shirts, gift bags, and other much needed items.
• Impacting the lives of Veterans in our communities who served with Honor, Integrity, Commitment, Courage.
HP Home of the Brave 2013 VA Medical Center Locations:
Little Rock, AR
Mt. Vernon, IN
Palo Alto, CA
Salt Lake City, UT
San Antonio, TX
West Have, CT